This budget-friendly, easy to fit green roof adds a stunning view during the Spring and Summer. Your GrufeKit living roof is filled with instensive substrate and flowers and sedum. It consists of a mix of 20-30 varieties of wildflowers and meadow grasses, which will add colour in Spring and Summer, and 8-12 varieties of sedum that provide an evergreen finish. Perfect for any roof garden!
Pre-grown GrufeTiles are incredibly easy to install and offer a low maintenance green roof solution while giving you beautiful wildflowers in the warmer months and attractive sedum in the winter.
The wildflowers and meadow grasses will burst into colour in the spring and summer and die back in autumn and winter. But, unlike a brown wildflower roof, the sedums will continue to grow all year keeping the roof green and visually attractive even in the colder months.
Sedum & wildflower pre-grown GrufeTiles are easy to maintain, and combined with seasonal changes they are the ultimate bio-diverse roof.
Your GrufeTile will be supplied with established plant coverage, growing on 60mm 100% recycled growing media. The 3 layers of the green roof tile are:
- Vegetation: A mix of 20-30 wildflower and meadow grass varieties and 8-12 varieties of sedum
- Soil: The media mix used is a special substrate prepared specifically for the GrufeTile
- Carrier: Made from recycled HDPE plastic, the carrier acts as a water reservoir, drainage layer, protection from excessive drying of roots from the airspace below
The Sedum GrufeTile explained
- Low maintenance
- Compressive strength 2000 kg/m²
- UV resistant
- Water holding capacity of 20 L/m²
- Temperature range 50°C - 80°C
- Carrier material 100% regenerated
- 10 year guarantee
- GrufeTile is ideal for commercial and residential flat roofs
- Carrier is made from recycled HDPE and acts as:
- Water reservoir
- Drainage layer
- Protection from excessive drying of roots from airspace below
- Cups make handling and installation easier
- Double-action coupling system
- Tabs on side of each part engage the edge in the gaps between tabs of the facing part
No previous experience or specialist skills needed. Unless your roof has a parapet or upstand, we recommend you use a GrufeGuard.
Laying your green roof is as easy as 1, 2, 3, 4!
The green roof trays are nurtured in the nurseries
Apply a waterproof layer to your flat roof
Lay your trays on top of the waterproof layer
Watch your green roof grow
The green roof tile retains rainwater so no complicated irrigation system is needed.
|Carrier||Recycled HDPE plastic|
|Dimensions||540mm x 540mm x 90mm per tile (Sold per m²)|
|Display||Low growing evergreen plants all year with seasonal wildflowers|
|Outflow Volume||40 l/m²|
|Temperature Range||-50°C - +80°C|
|Tile Type||Sedum & wildflower|
|Type||Green Roof Tile|
|Vegetation||20-30 wildflower and meadow grass varieties and 8-12 varieties of Sedum|
|Water Holding Capacity||20l/m²|
All Sterlingbuild orders have FREE standard delivery when your order is over £100 + VAT.
However next day delivery will carry a small next day delivery charge which will be shown in the final shopping basket
Unfortunately additional delivery charges will apply if you live in the Scottish Highlands and UK islands. These delivery charges are based on additional costs from our national couriers.
If additional shipping fees apply, a member of our team will contact you before processing your order to let you know.
We will do our very best to make sure your delivery arrives by the date required, however manufacturer availability and delivery schedules cannot always guarantee this.
Should your estimated delivery date differ from that displayed on our website, one of our team will inform you by email or telephoneView full Delivery Information