This budget-friendly, easy to fit green roof adds a stunning view during the spring and summer. The GrufeKit brown wildflower living roof is filled with instensive substrate and wild flower seeds. It consists of a mix of 20-30 varieties of wildflowers and meadow grasses. These are seasonal and the roof will lie fallow during Autumn and Winter.
This GrufeTile is supplied with wildflower seeds that bloom in spring and summer to give you a stunning range of colours. In the autumn and winter, the plants will die down leaving the recycled growing media (soil!) on show.
The 3 layers of the green roof tile are:
- Vegetation: 20-30 varieties of wildflowers and meadow grasses
- Soil: The media mix used is a special substrate prepared specifically for the GrufeTile
- Carrier: Made from recycled HDPE plastic, the carrier acts as a water reservoir, drainage layer, protection from excessive drying of roots from the airspace below. They greatly improve product handing making it easier to install.
The Sedum GrufeTile explained
- Low maintenance
- Compressive strength 2000 kg/m²
- UV resistant
- Water holding capacity of 20 L/m²
- Temperature range 50°C - 80°C
- Carrier material 100% regenerated
- 10 year guarantee
- GrufeTile is ideal for commercial and residential flat roofs
- Carrier is made from recycled HDPE and acts as:
- Water reservoir
- Drainage layer
- Protection from excessive drying of roots from airspace below
- Cups make handling and installation easier
- Double-action coupling system
- Tabs on side of each part engage the edge in the gaps between tabs of the facing part
No previous experience or specialist skills needed. Unless your roof has a parapet or upstand, we recommend you use a GrufeGuard.
Laying your green roof is as easy as 1, 2, 3, 4!
The green roof trays are nurtured in the nurseries
Apply a waterproof layer to your flat roof
Lay your trays on top of the waterproof layer
Watch your green roof grow
The green roof tile retains rainwater so no complicated irrigation system is needed.
|Carrier||Recycled HDPE plastic|
|Dimensions||540mm x 540mm x 90mm per tile (Sold per m²)|
|Display||Seasonal wildflowers that die down in autumn|
|Outflow Volume||40 l/m²|
|Temperature Range||-50°C - +80°C|
|Type||Green Roof Tile|
|Vegetation||20-30 varieties of wildflowers and meadow grasses|
|Water Holding Capacity||20l/m²|
All Sterlingbuild orders have FREE standard delivery when your order is over £100 + VAT.
However next day delivery will carry a small next day delivery charge which will be shown in the final shopping basket
Unfortunately additional delivery charges will apply if you live in the Scottish Highlands and UK islands. These delivery charges are based on additional costs from our national couriers.
If additional shipping fees apply, a member of our team will contact you before processing your order to let you know.
We will do our very best to make sure your delivery arrives by the date required, however manufacturer availability and delivery schedules cannot always guarantee this.
Should your estimated delivery date differ from that displayed on our website, one of our team will inform you by email or telephoneView full Delivery Information