Job Vacancies at Sterlingbuild
Who Are We?
Sterlingbuild is a fast growing, successful company based in Folkestone, Kent. We moved here as the growing success of the company meant we needed much bigger premises. Within 6 months of moving, we had grown so fast we had to build an office extension!
We sell "daylighting solutions"; that is, roof windows, skylights, sun tunnels, flat roof windows and domes, as well as flashings, blinds and other accessories. We're known for having a successful relationship with roof window manufacturers, including VELUX, FAKRO, RoofLITE, Lightway and Korniche.
The products we sell are primarily used in loft conversions, home extensions, self-builds and other renovation projects. Take a look at our Pinterest account for examples of how our products are used.
The Sterlingbuild brand is growing rapidly, and is regularly searched by our customers to find reasonably priced pitched and flat roof windows, rather than brand names. We're rather proud of that! Our logo and logotype are trademarked.
In 2006, Sterlingbuild.co.uk was launched after Nick West saw the potential for selling VELUX windows online. He created the Sterlingbuild website with the aim of creating a different service for DIY enthusiasts:
“We want to give homeowners the convenience of a one-stop shop that offers a broad range of quality finishings for their home improvement projects.”
In 2008, Sterlingbuild Ltd was formed, based in Dover, and was joined in 2010 by former VELUX sales manager David Mayo as the sales and marketing director.
Unlike many other online retailers, we sell the entire product catalogue of our suppliers, the majority of which is available on our website. We aim to guarantee the best delivered prices to customers and do this with our popular Price Match Plus guarantee.
In 2009, the team created a new website, Roofinglines.co.uk. It was created to provide the cheapest lead roof flashing online for the UK roofing industry. Lead rolls were – and still are – sold based on weight. After the initial success of the website, Ubbink products were added to the site, which has rapidly grown to include many more roofing brands and supplies at low prices.
A trade counter was set up in 2010 where we sold roof windows and roofing supplies to local roofers, builders and DIY enthusiasts. A small warehouse stocking popular products meant the team could deliver roofing products to customers to Kent and London delivery addresses at lower prices.
Roofinglines has rapidly grown in size and revenue. We regularly work with roofing materials manufacturers, such as Cromar, to provide training days for employees and local roofers.
Roofing supplies shop
Following the company’s move to much larger premises, the Roofinglines shop was established to sell roofing materials, loft windows and uPVC windows to local businesses and homeowners. Customers are able to test products in the Concept Room – a mock-up of a loft with VELUX windows installed.
Following the rapid success of the Sterlingbuild and Roofinglines websites, the directors realised the need to hire more staff to support the number of orders and growth of the company.
With the help of the Regional Growth Fund, Sterlingbuild moved to larger freehold premises in Folkestone in July 2014. The strategically placed 1.1 acre site on the Park Farm Industrial Estate includes a large bulk warehouse, despatching warehouse, and larger offices, as well as the Roofinglines shop and customer parking.
Within 6 months, the team quadrupled in size, fulfilling the terms of the Local Growth Fund to take on new employees from the local area.
- Keep our customers informed every step of the way
- Always be the best we can be
- Value and recognise our team’s contribution
- Teamwork across the business
- Ambition for personal and company growth
Sterlingbuild is a fast-paced, exciting place to work. We're always striving to offer the best for our customers, as well as our employees. Vacancies often arise in the web, marketing, sales, accounts, shop, warehouse and admin teams. If you think you'd fit in, send us your CV and an outline of your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ensuring accurate processing of sale orders to stock and direct from supplier. Providing a clear and accurate communication with our customers to ensure an exceptional customer service for their delivery. Work closely with suppliers, maintaining positive relationships, while improving the purchase order process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process all sales orders via our internal system for all web and telephone orders
- Ensuring all materials are purchased on time to specification, and at the best price available
- Coordinating deliveries and maintaining suitable stock levels, ensuring stock is rotated effectively and waste minimised
- Identifying new and alternative source of supply for products and making recommendations to the buyer
- Ensure every sales order is profitable for the business
- Eliminate costly deliveries, without compromising the customer journey
- Liaise with the Web Team regarding existing products and specifications on our websites, highlighting any issues or observations to improve customer experience
- Build relationships with suppliers to improve the order processing journey
- Identify and assist in negotiations to improve better margin products for our customers
- Organise fulfilment and consistently organise all goods by the most cost-effective route, and where necessary, use via stock to make products available
- Manage personal KPI’s, and contribute to the team’s KPI’S
- Manage small business projects throughout the year
Must be able to work independently and prioritise job duties, as well as being able to prepare internal and market analysis.
- Well organised, with clear communication skills cross functionally
- Able to think logically and rationally in a pressured environment, while having a resilient personality to manage in a dynamic team and working to deadlines
- Consistent attention to detail
- Initiative for problem solving
- Curiosity to understand further and consistently wanting to learn more
- Sage experience or natural ability to learn new systems
- Understand basic business principles; e.g. turnover, margin, profit
- Outgoing and confident personality
- Able to self-prioritize and manage expectations of internal and external customers
Circa £17K - £18K, depending on experience. Hours of work for this position are 8:00-17:00, with 30 mins for lunch. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity in a company that recognises hard work and rewards employees, then this could be for you. For further information, please send your CV to email@example.com, or tel: HR 01303 258641
Maximise sales opportunities through web and telephone sales. Develop repeat business and add value to sales. Always be the best.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Proficient in completing the sales process, taking telephone sales orders and placing through the back office
- Handle customer enquiries maintaining the data base
- Provide accurate product information (attending product presentations and training sessions to keep up-to-date on product developments)
- Achieving sales targets
- Produce sales quotations/pro-forma invoices
- Complete on-line enquiries and call backs
- Liaise with the web team to ensure functionality and performance of the websites
- Suggest improvements to websites and monitor competitor pricing
- Assist with order processing as required
- Check all telephone orders for content and location
- Check all telephone orders are fully paid for before despatch
- Help to identify fraud orders
- Commitment to aims and values of the company
- Promoting positive culture of understanding and caring for the customer journey
- Communication to team members and customers
- An organised individual, you will be able to respond efficiently and effectively to any demands, managing and prioritising your workload to ensure that your work is of the highest standard
- Tactful, courteous, understanding and a good communicator
- Time management
- Being confident and enthusiastic
- Being a team player
- Professional and credible
- Well-organised and flexible
- Articulate and good communicator
- Previous web experience /back office preferred
- IT skills essential (GSCE / Graduate level)
Some knowledge of building products would be advantageous, however product training will be given.
Starting at 17K + commission. Hours of work for this position are 8:30-17:30, with 30 mins for lunch. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity in a company that recognises hard work and rewards employees, then this could be for you. For further information, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, or tel: HR 01303 258641